Thursday, December 18, 2008

(cue Ice Cube) Today was a good day.

Just a quick thought before I crash. Although the day started normally, what promised to be a tough day at work before today ended up being an easy one. The atmosphere was great, and we actually played Wii as a nice jesture from management and had a free lunch (for like, 2+ hours).

Had dinner plans with a new friend that was filled with great conversation, in a place I'd never been, and that always rocks in my book. Hate it when time flies, but that's when you know you're having a good time. On the way home, stopped for a pit stop at the local watering hole to have a beer, and picked up 2 free tickets for tomorrow's Devils-Sens game. On top of that, I knew the Wings were playing tonight and lo and behold they crush the Sharks, 6-0. Yes, the Sharks are on a road trip and lost in OT to the Blue Jackets yesterday, so they're tired, but a shutout? Nice.

When I think about all the things in life that happen, good and bad, it's nice to have a day like today where nothing goes wrong... we don't get enough of the good ones. I'd love to elaborate more on the day, but I'm going to save all these little details for the days when the sh*t hits the fan. So, chalk up one win for the good guys. Thanks to all that made it happen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a surprise good day. Much better then surprise shitty days.

This is totally unrelated, but I secretly want the title of your blog to be Symo Says. Must be a weird attachment to my youth. Keep up the good work!