Thursday, June 4, 2009

Well played, Pens

Tonight didn't turn out as I'd hoped, but I have to applaud the Pens for playing a great game. I knew the Wings were in trouble when I got to my buddy's house, for everybody was rooting for the Pens. My so-called friends, all of them. They even conspired to fake a short-handed goal when I was in the bathroom.. which proved to be prophetic.

"We're tired of the Wings winning all the time... we're rooting for the underdog" and such. So, I apologize to all Wings fans out there for putting myself in a pit of vipers, but overall, I thought the game was well fought, had a ton of good hockey and brought forth the team that deserved to win tonight, the Penguins.

I'm not going to dissect what went wrong, mainly because Staal stepped up and made the "sorry Pens fans, I owe you this" goal, and from that moment on, never let up. Lots of Wing turnovers. I've never seen them this sloppy.

Grats for the victory Pens fans, but don't think things will be as fortunate for you at the Joe. The Wings will figure it out... I'm sure of it...

4 comments:

SARTH said...

Win Lose Draw...personally, IDC. I just want FOOTBALL season to start. Expand to 18 games already! They already charge regular prices for pre-season games anyway, might as well make them count for something other than ripping season ticket holders off - in case you don't know, you HAVE to pay for pre-season games as well. GO STEELERS! GO DOLPHINS! GO AWAY BRET FARVE!

SARTH said...

OH, and thank JESUS, I owe him one or two, Farve's adopted father - J. Madden - has retired. THANK YOU! Praise God, Allah, Mohammed, Steve Jobs, whoever you worship. I am!

Anonymous said...

and yet they win, and NO comment from you? Sup with that?

Symo said...

You talking about last night? I may write about it later....